How do I join my telemedicine visit as a new patient?
Preparing for your Gennev telemedicine visit:
- When you finish booking your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation from the Gennev scheduler, followed by an email and text message from our medical records system Athena Health with your appointment link.
- You can begin the “self-check-in" process within 10 days of your appointment. The “self-check-in" process includes filling out your health history, medical intake form, and other necessary paperwork for your telemedicine visit. We require filling out the online paperwork in order to provide medical care. If you do not complete your paperwork prior to your appointment, your doctor or health coach will ask you to finish your health history during the telemedicine visit, using valuable time with the physician. Note: if your appointment is scheduled less than four days in advance, you will automatically receive the "self-check-in" link at the same time as your appointment link.
- During the self-check-in process, you have the option to create an Athena Health account. Please use the same email from your Gennev account.
- Once your paperwork is completed, you will be redirected to the Athena Health portal.
- In the days leading up to your appointment, we’ll follow up to confirm your appointment and send reminders to finish your self-check-in process if you have not done so.
- Five minutes before your scheduled telemedicine visit, go to your email inbox, open the original appointment confirmation email, and click the link, “Click here to start your call” to enter the waiting room for your visit. Reminder: We ask that you finish your paperwork 30 minutes before your appointment so your Gennev provider has ample time to review your patient notes. Otherwise, your doctor or coach will ask for you to finish your paperwork during the telemedicine visit.
- When the call is over, simply select “leave call.”
Advantages of creating an Athena Health account
There is an optional step to create an Athena Health account that will be sent in a separate email. Although you do not have to create and account in order to join the call, there are advantages to creating one:
- You can view your appointment notes after the visit is over.
- Upload and share relevant medical documents with your provider, like test results.
- Update your medical health history when changes occur.
Following your appointment, you can...
- Access appointment notes by visiting your Athena Health portal. All appointment notes for visits after 8/24/2022 will be presented in the Athena dashboard, instead of under “My Appointments” in your Gennev dashboard.
- Request a Superbill for submission to your insurance or FSA/HSA reimbursement.
- With Gennev's adoption of Athena Health as our medical records system, you will have to fill out your health history and medical intake forms again if you completed them in the past within the Gennev dashboard. We do apologize for this inconvenience, but this upgrade in systems ensures a higher level of security for your personal health information. This process may take 25-30 minutes to complete. Once complete you will only have to verify any changes for future appointments.